Thursday, September 30, 2010

Weekend in Idaho.....

This last weekend we spent in Idaho with my sister, her family, and my family. It was great. We all had such a wonderful time and according to Harley that is our new home. It is so funny when he says "ok, let's go home" I say "we are almost there" then he goes "no, our home is in Idaho now." How funny is that? I know that he wants to be around his cousins a lot more and maybe someday, but right now we will just have to plan more trips up there.

Friday, we left a little late, but made it in time for Harley to start playing with his cousins. Teancum wanted to show Harley his new video game. It was pretty cool. It was Lego Star Wars. I thought it was great because when the bad guys would die instead of blood and such they just broke apart into little pieces of Legos. Wonderful!! I know that I am a paranoid mom, but what can I say....I like games that doesn't have that much blood and guts in it.

While these three was working on defeating Darth Vader....I was, of course, holding that cute little niece of mine and Kathy was working on making hair clips for tomorrows pictures.




Isn't she just the cutiest thing you have ever seen??






On Saturday morning, we all woke up and got ready. Let me tell you that was fun.....six kids and seven adults running around trying to get everything ready for pictures...it was great entertainment, I'll tell ya what.

After we all got ready and in the car, we went over to the photographer's shop and ended up following him out to the location where we were going to shoot the pictures. It was only about 15 minutes away which was great. Kathy and Nephi ended up having all six kids with them and Dave and I had my parents and Blair with us. Here are some pictures which I took with my camera. It was a gorgeous site and very peaceful. Dave and I have fallen in love with this area of Idaho.





























Below is the backdrop of many of our photos.









After pictures we all went up on the bridge and had fun playing on it. I was also able to take some amazing photos of the bridge. I wish I would have had the photographer do some of us up there. They would have been amazing!!

After all the picture taking was done, we went back to Aunt Kathy's house, changed our clothes, and then headed out to the ranch for lunch. When we got out there we were amazed to see this great big huge shop on their property. It was big...oh, yea, I already said that, but it was HUGE!!! Three car garage with a little semi house attached to it. I believe they are going to have a master bedroom down stairs with a bath room and then upstairs that is going to be the kid room. Right now it is all unfinished except for the outside and the frame work. I now wish that I had a picture of it, but alas I don't. Maybe next time.

After playing in the fire, dirt and on the big construction equipment out on the property we went back to the house and either fell asleep for a little nap or played a game called get BLAIR!!!

We had a lot of fun seeing all the kids going after Blair...Harley was excited at first to get in on the action, but then he wandered over to the video game and I had to tell him no. Not now. After the fighting with Blair we had the kids run and get their swimming suits on for showers and baths. It was great getting them all washed at the same time. Saved a lot of time. After all the kids were all cleaned up (yet again) we all piled into the cars and headed over to Jackson Hole for the Bar J Chuckwagon. That was so much fun. The dinner was great and the entertainment was wonderful as well. The kids were a little restless by the end of it all and we were all ready to go. Grandma took all the grandkids on the little train ride right before dinner was to be served. It was wonderful to partake in the western hospitality.


It was a great weekend and we had so much fun. When we asked Harley what was his favorite part about the weekend he told us that it was "getting the pictures taken." Go figure that one out.

2 comments:

  1. you get all the above reactions for this one... thanks again for a fun weekend i still think we needed one more day you all are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly agree we needed one more day. We had so much more planned that we didn't get to. I think it was fantastic weekend. We need to do it much more often. You forgot to tell everyone that all 13 of us got ready before 9:00am. that included grandma ironing all the boys and men shirts. I love you. Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete