Monday, August 30, 2010

Second Anniversary.....


I have to confess that this post is going to be so mushy and gushy...you might not have the stomach to read it, but if you think that you do.....go ahead and keep reading, but don't say that I didn't warn ya all.....

Today it has been officially two years since the day I married.....my everything. I can't believe that it has only been two years. It seems like I have known him my whole life. He is my other half, my protector, my Knight in Shinning Armor. It is just amazing to me how much better life can be when two people are working at achieving the same goals in life to accomplish a more beautiful life together.

Ya know, he still makes me feel like a silly little school girl that is constantly flustered and bewildered that he is in love with her. Crazy how a person can make you feel so wanted and desired all at the same time.

I have often wondered what makes our relationship so strong and different than other relationships that I have been in.....well, for one, I feel that Dave always wants to help me with everything, except bills and laundry. Just this last Saturday, I went scrapbooking with my mom and some friends, when I came home I found my sweet husband lying on the couch exhausted after washing and putting away dishes (no dishwasher:(), sweeping and moping the kitchen floor and vacuuming the whole house....he told me that he did it all because he knew how much laundry that I had to do. It was so sweet. Having him do little things like this really makes my day.

On thing that Dave loves to brag about to his friends is the fact that I cook him breakfast in the mornings and make him his lunch. Now, I know that this sounds so old fashion so let me try and explain the reasons behind why I started to do this for him....When we first started to date, it was during the busiest time of the year for him. Since he is a seasonal worker he is able to stay home during the winter months and not work. My husband works such long hours that some days it feels like I never see him and so I thought that I could have a good hour with him in the mornings to talk about how each other is doing. This just happened to also allow me to make a healthy breakfast for him (cause ya all know that if it was up to the guys it would be McDonalds or donuts every day for breakfast). Now it is so much a part of our lives that something is missing when I don't make him his morning breakfast. I love our alone time in the morning when he would sit there and stare at me or pinch my butt and tell me how beautiful I look in the mornings.....are you kidding me?? Wild hair and slobber all over my face...his is so twisted....but he is my twisted person.

There is one thing that I do on a continual bases and it is saying I love you....I say it so much that it really starts to sound like a broken record. The reason why I say it so much is because of my greatest fear of being in an accident or dying and the ones that I love the most won't ever know how much I love them. So, if it means me saying it to the point that they can't get it out of their heads then I have done my job. Harley has come to know my quirks and helps me stay sane...I know that he knows that I love him and that I would do anything in the world for him. On the day that we got married, I also said a little vow to him. It was special and I meant every word of it. Yesterday when we watch our wedding video, Harley said see that?? (our vows) that is when you married me too. How could you not cry over that one.


These guys are my cowboys and I love being married to both of them. I love them SOOOOOO much it hurts some times.

No comments:

Post a Comment