Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day.....


On August 23, 2010, Harley had his first day of a new school and 1st grade. I have to confess that he is more grown up than I would like. Since I am a step mom I only really get to claim certain accomplishments and see this progression from when I first met him. Lucky for me I was able to meet Harley when he was only 2 1/2. so I have been around for a while now. Oh, the days of when he would walk around with his feet pj's and the diaper that made him walk like Sid the Sloth....too cute. Now his is all grown up into a big boy. He is now 6 and becoming so bright and independent. I didn't know that I could have emotions quite like I have been having lately. What is happening to me?? Oh, yea, this is what it is like to really feel like a mom. Now I hope that I just don't screw up. That is my greatest fear of all time.

On, Harley's first day of school, both his dad and I took the day off to be able to take him to school and show him where he was going to be. This was a little bit challenging since the school wouldn't let anyone in the building except for kids and they couldn't go in until the bell rang. I was a little taken back by this. When we went to school, the school teachers didn't have to have key cards to enter the building and parents could go into the school and walk around looking at everything. Now we have to schedule time to go and see the teacher. There are a lot of security measures which the school has taken in order to keep our kids safe and I am just going to have to get use to it.

Right before the bell was going to ring the kids where lining up. Harley was so cute and the other kids right next to him was just as cute. Harley was so proud of his new shoes that he was showing them off to the new kids and they were showing him theirs. It was so cute that of course I had to grab the camera.

After the bell rang and Harley went into school, I felt so sad for some reason. Like his is now this big huge grown up boy that didn't need his mom anymore. The next couple of days went ok, but one day we got there early (like always) and he opened the door and jumped out and said see ya later and ran off.....sniffle, sniffle. That is when I broke down and called my hubby, but he didn't want to hear it either. Actually he was just busy at work and when he got home he gave me a big hug and said that it was bound to happen. Oh, the joys of learning how to be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment