Monday, May 16, 2011

My Hubby's 35th Birthday....

My husband is one that is really not into birthdays.....why?? I do not know. When I was little and still to this day...birthdays are very important and should be a lot of fun. Dave on the other hand is the type that will say...."It is just another day"....WHAT?? It isn't just another day....it is the day that you were born and therefore the most important day because you were born to be with me.....awwww, cheesy huh? but it is the truth.....

So this year he was turning the big 35!!! OOOOO...that is scary....five more years and he will be 40. I can't believe that I am that close too.....Well, just for ya all to know.....we will be having a huge, and I MEAN HUGE....birthday party whether he wants it or not. 40 is a milestone and should be celebrated as one.....so you are all invited....don't know when or what we will be doing, but it will be awesome.

But I must get back to this year....the 35th.....Harley was over at his mom's for the weekend and Dave's parents were going out of town so we decided that we should celebrate it a little early and have a Mom's/Dave's dinner.....yea, it is hard for the two of us because we both have birthday's on holidays.....His is every four years or so.....so this year we also did it on Mother's Day, because it was easier to do one day celebration and wrap everything together in a nice bow.

Dave's mom made the yummy lasagna and cheese rolls and I made the cake. It was an awesome cake.....see.....It was a red velvet cake with cream cheese filling. I thought it was so yummy. Hulk is made out of rice krispies and covered with fondant. Dave and Harley both loved the cake and Harley kept saying that he wanted to have a Hulk cake for his birthday. I told Harley that he really should have his own special cake. He has agreed to let me make a Cars 2 cake for him for his birthday. I am excited to do it for him.....now just needing ideas....internet here I come.....

On Dave's birthday, we took him out for dinner to his favorite restaurant....El Chihuahua....We had a wonderful time and I have to confess that these next couple of pictures are very shocking.....oh yea, that is Dave.....smiling and goofing off....I have to wonder how in the world did I get these wonderful pictures......amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment