Wednesday, July 28, 2010

McDonald's blessing or curse??


McDonald's....what a place....this is really a place for parents to come and let their children run
wild and let them do whatever they like. I must confess that I do this myself...however, I have a real difficult time letting my son act too much like a heathen. There are times between the screaming of other children that I get to hear that wonderful, joyful, fun filled laugh of my son. You know the laugh that I am talking about...the one when you know that they are having the time of their lives. To me that is worth the screaming, hitting, crying, and back talking that is unfortunatly associated with these magical places that we drag our children to in order for us, as parents, to get a moment of ....well, it isn't really silence...no, it isn't that...but it is something where we (as parents) find a little bit of a break from the home life.

There are two things that I really love abou these types of places, and no it is not the food. It is when on those rare occassions when your child will run up to you and give you a hug or kiss on the cheek...or it is the times when they bang on the plastic and say "hey, Mommy look at me" you look up and wave at them and they get that huge smile on their face....that is what makes it worth everything that I go through worth it.




2 comments:

  1. What a bout the time they pound on the glass and they are licking their cow toungs all over the glass. still smiling then!!?? you are a good writer Sal. you should work for a news paper. I hear stories on NPR like yours! you could be famious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat. That makes me feel so much better about this blogging thing.

    ReplyDelete