Thursday, January 19, 2012

Goals for 2012

So at the beginning of this year I had an amazing experience with Mary Kay. The first Monday of the year we had a motivational night. Can I tell you it was amazing??? Seriously it was. I love making New Year's Resolutions, but have never had a year yet that I have kept them.

After listening to my leaders tell us not only how to make good goals, but also how to follow through with them.....I decided that this was going to be the year that I was going to not only make new goals, but hell or high water I was going to follow through with every one. So here they are I have five different goals that I wrote down and also how I was going to follow through with all of them.

Goal #1 - Mary Kay/Red Jacket by February 15, 2012
  • Call Christy
  • Make a Plan
  • Follow through
  • Only need two more active team members....you can do it.
Well, so far.....I have not keep up with this goal at all. I was going to call Christy....hasn't happened. I was going to make a plan....oh yea....totally going to follow up with that one. Follow through....still need to work on that.....only need two more...yes, I can do it....what am I doing again?? That is really how it has been for this.

I am reminded of Flint from Cloudy with a Chance of MEatballs.....when he is getting ready to call Sam.....getting ready....dialing....hanging up.....coffee brake....refocusing...dialing....waiting...hanging up....repeat and then speak really fast and then not calling anyone else. I really don't know what my problem is. I know that my friends all love me and that I throw great parties (I have had proof of this from the ones that I have done thus far) but for some reason I get so nervous over calling my friends. I guess I will have to work on this one more!

Goal #2 - Lose 20lbs by March 2, 2012
  • Lose 2 lbs per week
  • Got to Gym M - F
  • Stay with Janessa once per week
  • Write down everything even eating candy

Ok.....so this goal....I am totally rocking the house on!!! I have been going to the gym since January 2, 2012. I have been taking only one to two days off per week and have been totally watching what I eat. The things that I am lacking on....writing down everything. I have changed my mind set about it and am going to be writing down everything. I have been discouraged that I have not lost any weight so far, but some day it just has to come off. Eating under the recommended calories and going to the gym has to have some kind of benefits. Believe and Action....totally do that here.

Goal #3 - Full Inventory in Mary Kay by July

  • Increase booking
  • Take profit and buy more inventory
  • Figure out what is most needed

Ok.....I have been having friends buy product from me, so I am doing good on this point. I just need to increase my parties and my customer base and the only way that I am going to be able to do that is to have more booking and do more parties....see problems in Goal #1.

Goal #4 - Read four Religious books by April

  • Choose books
  • Less T.V. more reading
  • Take to gym

Let's see. This one really should be easy for me. I have now started four different religious books....Beth Moore - Breaking Free, Women of the Bible, the actual bible, and a money management through God's word. Good start....now just need to finish reading them. I love having positiveness in my life and reading these types of books are how I am going to stay that way.

Ok....now we are on my last Goal for 2012

Goal #5 - Save $5,000 by September

  • Save $560 per month
  • That is only $280 per paycheck

Ok....this has probably been the hardest one for me to even start on this year. We have been struggling with getting Dave's unemployment going and have been living off my income which really we could do just fine, but having to watch everything we spend and figuring out where the money has been going has been a little bit of a struggle for us. This has really been the first winter since Dave and I have been together that we have felt any strain in our finances. I know that it will not last and it is just Satan's way of saying....yea, I am going to mess you up for a little while, but I do have faith that come February and March we will totally be on our way to having a nice down payment for a house, dream vacation, savings and so many other things that we want in our lives.

So, now that I have put myself out there with all my goals for the future year. I am hoping that my friends and family will encourage me along the way to keep up with my goals and keep doing better. It will be a struggle, but this year, I am going to be different!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment